Connect with us

Local News

A recent high school graduate died after he was electrocuted



Abilene, TEXAS – According to the statement, his name is Trevor Cate and he was shocked and sank into the Clyde Lake waters Wednesday night.

The accident occurred when a sailboat being pulled to shore struck a power line, sending a charge into the lake waters and shocking him.

Lake staff cut the power to the line, found him, pulled him to shore and began resuscitation efforts.

The 18-year-old boy died in an Abilene hospital.

This incident is under investigation.